In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- Growth House – Discusses hospice care, dying with dignity, terminal illness, grief and bereavement.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Grief Resources For Children
- Fernside Online – an online resource for grieving children.
- The Dougy Center – the first center in the United States to provide peer support groups for grieving children.
IN OUR CARE
WELCOME TO F.K. JONES FUNERAL HOME | We realize that each family has different needs, and our accommodating staff will assist you in creating a meaningful service. We promise to serve your family with dignity, respect, and professionalism.
At F.K. Jones Funeral Home our highly experienced staff is committed to providing each family with compassionate professionalism. It is our goal to ensure that the service for your loved one is dignified and memorable.
We offer a live streaming service for many of our families, so people can attend from anywhere online.
Our Caring and Professional staff is always available for you and your family, day or night and 24/7.
Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process.
SERVING Rome, Georgia
and Surrounding Areas Since 2000
F.K. Jones Funeral Home | 1205 MLK, Jr. Blvd. | Rome, GA 30161 | TEL: 706-802-0265 | FAX: 706-802-0266